Top Family, Cosmetic and Implant Center In 537 Amherst St, Nashua, NH 03063
Signs You Might Need A Bite Adjustment
Do you have difficulty eating or speaking? Are your teeth hurting or uncomfortable when you bite down? If so, you may need a bite adjustment. A bite adjustment, also known as occlusal adjustment, is a dental procedure in which the biting surfaces of the teeth are reshaped to ensure proper contact between the upper and lower teeth. It’s an effective way to relieve pain and improve comfort when biting or chewing.
Signs You Might Need a Bite Adjustment
There are several signs that may indicate you need a bite adjustment. Here are some common ones:
1. Grinding or Clenching Teeth – If you grind or clench your teeth, it’s likely because there is an imbalance in your bite. A bite adjustment can help to equalize the forces on your teeth, reducing or eliminating clenching and grinding.
2. Jaw Pain – If you have pain in your jaw joint when you try to bite down, it’s a sign that something is off with your bite. An occlusal adjustment can fix this by ensuring that your upper and lower teeth fit together evenly when you bite down.
3. Headaches – If you experience frequent headaches, it could be an indication of a bad bite. A bite adjustment can help to reduce the tension on your jaw, which in turn can reduce the frequency of your headaches.
4. Tooth Wear – If you have worn down areas on your teeth, it could be a sign that your bite is off. An occlusal adjustment can help to restore balance and even out the wear on your teeth.
Benefits of Bite Adjustment
Bite adjustments provide numerous benefits, including:
1. Relief from pain and discomfort – A bite adjustment can offer relief from pain and discomfort in the jaw joint, as well as headaches caused by misaligned bites.
2. Improved oral health – A bite adjustment can reduce wear and tear on your teeth and help to prevent future issues such as cavities or tooth loss.
3. Easier eating – Bites that are out of alignment can make eating more difficult. A bite adjustment can help to ensure that your upper and lower teeth fit together properly when you bite down, making it easier to chew and swallow food.
A bite adjustment is a relatively simple procedure that can offer relief from a variety of uncomfortable symptoms such as jaw pain, headaches, and tooth wear. If you’re experiencing any of the signs we’ve discussed, it may be time to get a bite adjustment.
A bite adjustment, also known as occlusal adjustment, is a dental procedure in which the biting surfaces of the teeth are reshaped to ensure proper contact between the upper and lower teeth when you bite down.
The benefits of a bite adjustment include relief from pain and discomfort, improved oral health, and easier eating.
If you’re experiencing any of the signs we’ve discussed, such as grinding or clenching your teeth, jaw pain, or frequent headaches, it may be time to get a bite adjustment. It’s best to speak to your dentist about whether a bite adjustment is right for you.