You must have often come across discussions related to snoring where people generally make fun of it or just consider it to be a habit which has nothing to do with your health. So, has the question “is snoring really bad?” ever emerged in your mind? Well if it has, going through this blog will definitely enable you to find an answer to that question.
Snoring is generally caused as a result of partial closing of the upper respiratory tract. It can have a serious bad impact on your overall physical health. Snoring loudly at night, waking up in the middle of your night sleep and difficulty in breathing are signs of suffering from obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). This increases the chances of suffering from health problems as the airway is obstructed. It is to be noted that not every person snores during their sleep. This is common in people who are above 40 years of age or above, have smoking habits, have excessive body weight.
Snoring is not always bad if it happens occasionally or irregular intervals. The problem becomes serious if snoring is prominent, loud and happens on a regular basis. Some of the symptoms of suffering from snoring disease are being listed in the pointers below:
- Headaches in the early morning
- Lack in concentration
- Being sleepy throughout the day
- Going to the washroom in quick successions
- Suffering from breathing problems
- Loud and very prominent snoring
In case you face any of the above mentioned symptoms, waste no more minute to get in touch with a professional. Nowadays there are several clinics which offer effective snoring therapy that might help you to get rid of the problem.
Physical risks related to snoring
Some of the health risks related to snoring are provided below. Go through them to know how important it is to address snoring as a problem.
- Drop in the oxygen level – You should know that snoring for a span of 30 seconds or more can result in a drop of oxygen level to 80%. The normal oxygen level in a human body should be somewhere between 94%-98%. In such a situation, you should definitely consult a medical professional.
- Heart Diseases – Snoring can be the reason for facing certain cardiovascular problems such as high blood pressure. This in turn can increase the chances of suffering from heart attacks and irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia).
- Strokes – Excessive snoring narrows the arteries in the neck due to deposition of fat. This definitely can make someone more prone to getting a stroke.
- Accidents – As mentioned before, snoring can be a reason for the lack of concentration in whichever task you perform. Hence, there is a high chance of your mind getting diverted from the activity and leading to occurrences of accidents.
- Mental Health problems – Mood swings and irritability can be caused due to snoring. If ignored, these problems can ultimately lead to mild depression and anxiety which can ultimately pave the path towards mental health problems in the long run.
We hope that you have now gained detailed information regarding snoring and also gathered a clear understanding of its impact on your overall health. If you are looking for best snoring therapy in Nashua, NH, contact Advanced Family Dentistry. Along with providing excellent dental treatments we are also adept at dealing with your snoring problems. Schedule your appointment today.