Not following the required measures to keep your mouth healthy can result in several dental diseases. A dental abscess is one of the most severe oral diseases which can largely affect your dental health. It is an accumulation of pus which takes place inside the teeth and causes an immense amount of pain and other discomforts.
There are mainly two types of tooth abscess, periodontal and periapical abscess.
A periodontal abscess does not emerge from the tooth pulp rather it is a harmful process in the periodontium. It can occur due to the rapid formation of bacteria. A periapical abscess, on the other hand, arises at the root of the tooth, it gets triggered when the infection spreads to the surrounding tissues of the tooth.
It could be easy to understand the signs of a dental abscess if you have an idea about them.
Some of the symptoms are elucidated below
- An unbearable and throbbing toothache is one of the most common symptoms of a dental abscess. A tooth aches when the dental pulp gets infected or inflamed, this occurs due to an intense dental cavity or a trauma that is kept untreated. See your dentist if you are experiencing a toothache that is intolerable.
- When the unbearable pain spreads to your jaw, ears and neck.
- You might be on the verge of experiencing a dental abscess if your tooth becomes sensitive to hot and cold beverages or foods.
- Red an inflamed gums can be an indication of a tooth abscess too.
- High fever could be yet another sign of a dental abscess.
- If your bad breath is persisting.
- When your tooth turns discolored or becomes tender and loose.
- An unpleasant taste in the mouth is also a major symptom.
Consult your dentist immediately if you are experiencing the dental problems mentioned above.
A poor hygiene is certainly the cause of a dental abscess, hence, it is necessary to pay heed to your oral hygiene.
Here are a few tips which can give your dental health a boost
- Starchy, acidic and sugary foods must be avoided. Thus, cut down on them.
- Remember to floss between your teeth along with brushing two times a day.
- Use fluoride toothpaste.
- Don’t smoke.
- Curb down on alcohol consumption.
A dental abscess is a condition which should not be avoided, Its emergence could cause an immense amount of pain. Call us at +1 603-821-9046 if you are experiencing any of the signs that indicate a tooth abscess.