Is the idea of sipping hot coffee or licking to your best-flavored ice-cream paining you? Or you might have experienced intriguing pain while brushing and flossing. These are the sheer indication of tooth sensitivity.
Tooth sensitivity includes several consequences:
- Decaying tooth
- Damaged fillings
- Periodontal diseases
- Worn out enamel
- Exposed tooth root
[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="625"] Designed by Freepik
- If you brush your teeth with too much of force then or if the bristles are hard then it can wear off your protective layer. And generally exposes the microscopic hollow tubes and canals that can finally lead to your dental nerves. Gradually these tubes are further exposed to extreme temperatures or acidic or sticky food which results in discomfort.
- Try to avoid acidic foods, like apples, kiwi or pickle; these things directly get attached to your nerves and hence impinge on your health.
- Grinding can wear off your enamel, even though tooth enamel is the hardest layer of your body.
Persistence of grinding can expose your dentin layer and finally attack your nerves.
Care you need to take for tooth sensitivity:
- Make sure that your sensitivity is not getting increased due to the whitening agent in the toothpaste.
- Receding gums, this generally comes to you due to tooth sensitivity. If you find out that your tooth is affected by gingivitis or gum diseases then immediate care is needed.
- The purpose of flossing and brushing is to remove plaque that occurs in your teeth. An excessive formation of plague can wear off your enamel.
- If your teeth have undergone a medical surgery, in that case, your teeth will be vulnerable to any kind of sensitivity.
Advance Family Dentistry, Nashua will take care of your sensitive tooth and will take charge to heal your tooth sensitivity. Fix an appointment with us, your oral health is our liability.
- Maintaining your oral hygiene, which includes; appropriate toothpaste that your teeth need. Known the correct ways to brush your teeth.
- Change your toothbrush every two to three months.
- Avoid starchy and sugary foods and don’t drink anything that increases your sensitivity.
- If you want to get your teeth bleached then consider the sensitivity of your teeth.
- Go for the dental checkup to restore your teeth in normal condition.
- If you suffer from tooth grinding then save it before your entire enamel wears off. Try to use a mouth guard to protect your teeth enamel.