Top Family, Cosmetic and Implant Center In 537 Amherst St, Nashua, NH 03063
6 signs That You Need A Root Canal
Root canal treatment is one of the most common dental procedures. Several dental clinics all across the world provide this treatment to meet the oral needs of the patients. But, are you aware of the symptoms that tell one to undergo root canal therapy or treatment? If not, going through this blog can be of great help.
Before pondering on the actual topic, you should gather information about what root canal treatment actually is. It can be defined as the process of cleaning out the decay in your root and tooth’s pulp. As you might know that human teeth have three layers – the outermost layer (enamel), the second layer which is known as the dentin, and a soft core that extends into the jawbone and the root. The core consists of the connective tissues, nerves, and blood vessels. There are times when the softcore or the pulp gets infected by the harmful bacteria and ultimately causes serious discomfort. This when the need for undergoing root canal treatment becomes very prominent.
Symptoms for Root Canal
Now that you have gained an idea about root canal treatment and its need, let us discuss the basic symptoms.
- Tremendous pain – Facing persistent pain can be a symptom for you needing to undergo root canal treatment. The pain can be the reason for your nightmares. You might not feel pain at times but it will come back after some time. The nature of the pain is such that it can spread to the other teeth, face and jawbone.
- Teeth discoloration – An infected pulp or core can be the reason for teeth discoloration as well. Though, discoloration of the teeth can happen due to a few reasons. Whatever the reason is, you should definitely consult a dentist as soon as possible.
- Sensitivity to extreme temperatures – People often ignore the problem of teeth sensitivity. Doing so for a long period can cause critical dental problems. Having sensitive teeth can be a symptom of tooth canal treatment.
- Swollen gums – Suffering from the problem of swollen gums can be another prominent symptom of the root canal. Gum diseases have several stages. Though, you should not take any risk and consult a dentist at an early phase to get rid of the issue with ease.
- Cracked or Chipped tooth – Cracked or chipped tooth is pretty common in case of getting involved in an accident or injury. This can ultimately damage the nerves of the tooth and be the reason for tremendous pain and sensitivity. Undergoing root canal treatment is considered to be an effective solution to this problem.
Do not hesitate to book an appointment at a nearby dental clinic if you face any of the above-mentioned symptoms. Looking for a dental clinic is not a difficult task to accomplish in today’s time. Search for the “best dental clinics near me” on the internet and get a variety of options to choose from.
What to expect from Root Canal Treatment?
Lack of knowledge can contribute to a person’s fear of undergoing any sort of dental treatment. Here at Advanced Family Dentistry, we believe in drawing an end to all confusions and providing an answer to all questions related to dental treatment. Therefore, we have provided you with what to expect from root canal treatment in the pointers below:
- The decay or bacteria in the root, nerve and the tooth nerve is first to remove
- The infected area is then disinfected with antibiotics
- The dentist then fills the empty roots
- The area is sealed to prevent any further decay
The root canal treatment is absolutely safe and can be done by an endodontist or a general physician. Are you looking for a root canal treatment? Contact our Dentist in Nashua at Advanced Family Dentistry to end your search. You can also go through the other dental treatments that we offer at this clinic. Call us for any more updates.