Stages Of A Gum Disease
Gum problems are one of the most common problems faced by people all around the world. You might have figured out from the title that in this blog we are going to discuss the different stages of gum disease. Special emphasis has also been laid to make the readers aware of the symptoms of gum diseases. Here at Advanced Family Dentistry, we often come across people who have questions related to gum problems. It is due to this reason that we posted a blog on this topic. Therefore, if you have any confusion or questions regarding stages of gum disease, do go through the sections below.
But before discussing any other thing, let us talk about what gum disease is. Well, it can be defined as an inflammation of the gums that can ultimately affect the bone surrounding your teeth. This can happen due to various reasons i.e the growth of infection-causing bacteria. Though gum issues can seem minor in the beginning, they can turn out to be nightmares in the years ahead.
Different Stages of Gum Disease
The three major stages of gum disease are being provided in the pointers below.
- Gingivitis - This is the first stage of gum disease. It is to be noted that gingivitis can happen due to the buildup of plaque at the gumline. Ignoring dental hygiene routines such as flossing and brushing on a regular basis doesn’t let you remove plaque and in turn, produces toxins that can cause damage to the gum tissues and lead to gingivitis. Though, this stage can be cured by adopting a few preventive measures and by maintaining proper dental hygiene.
- Periodontitis - The second stage of gum disease is known to be as periodontitis. It marks the damage of the supporting bones and fibres that hold your teeth. A pocket can be formed below the gum line and traps remnant food particles and plaque. You are advised to undergo quality gum treatment to resolve such a problem. It is also necessary to take proper care of your gums to avoid any sort of further damage.
- Advanced Periodontitis - This is the final stage of gum disease. In case of advanced periodontitis, the fibres supporting the teeth get destroyed and can also be the reason for the loss of teeth. It can even have a negative impact on the bite alignment due to teeth loss.
Symptoms of a Gum Disease
It is advisable to be very careful to notice the first signs of gum disease. They are:
If you face any of the above-mentioned symptoms, do not wait for a minute to get in touch with a reliable dentist. Doing so is not so difficult in today’s time. All you gotta do is search for the “best dental clinic near me” on the internet. This will give you numerous names to choose from. Make sure to check if the clinic provides gum treatment and have dentists who have expertise in this field. Visiting a dentist will not just help you to get rid of gum problems but will also let you know about the reasons for gum disease.
If you are looking for premium gum treatment in Nashua, NH, contact Advanced Family Dentistry. We also offer a wide variety of dental treatments to meet the oral health requirements of our patients at affordable prices. Why wait anymore? Schedule your appointment today.
- Swollen and tender gums
- Bleeding from the gums while flossing or brushing
- Redness of the gums
- Creation of pockets just below the gum line
- Receding gum line
- Pus coming out from the gums and teeth
- Change in the alignment of the bite
- Facing problems such as bad taste and breath