Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction - Diagnosis & Treatment Nashua, NH
Get pain relief for your jaw pain
They say, don’t make sounds while eating but what would you do if a clicking noise automatically pops up? This is a sheer symptom of TMJ and TMD disorder. Frequent headaches and excessive jaw pain can also be an indication. Our Nashua TMJ specialist dentist will diagnose the complicated problem so that your ongoing TMJ pain gets diminished. Call us today at +1 603-821-9046 to get your appointment fixed.
The temporomandibular joint (TMJ) connects the jawbone to the skull. TMJ disorders often cause discomfort in the cheek, jaw, or ear areas and can affect normal jaw function.
In less severe cases TMJ disorders can be treated with self-managed care (eating soft foods, using ice packs, avoiding extreme jaw movement) or nonsurgical treatments (anti-inflammatory medications, Botox injections, or stabilization splints). In more severe cases, surgical treatments (jaw joint replacements) may be necessary.
TMJ conditions fall into three main categories:
- Myofacial pain – discomfort or pain in the muscles that control jaw function (grinding teeth can result in this type of TMJ disorder)
- Internal derangement of the joint – a possible indicator of a displaced disc, dislocated jaw, or injury to the condyle
- Arthritis – a degenerative inflammatory disorder
Signs and symptoms of TMJ disorders are frequently intensified by stress and can include:
- TMJ headaches
- Soreness in the cheek or jaw area
- Pain in or around the ears
- Facial pain
- Tight jaws
- Popping or clicking sounds when opening mouth
- Locking of the jaw
- Difficulty chewing
Call and Schedule your Free Consultation service @ (603) 821-9046 to get relief from TMJ Disorders.